Jun 16, 2011
We’ve been talking about preparing your drivers for summer conditions this week, but what about your vehicles? Hot summer weather presents a new set of challenges for vehicles, so it’s important to be prepared. Use these tips to make sure your fleet is ready for summer.
• Make sure that the air conditioning system is filled with refrigerant and is free of leaks.
• Take the opportunity to check headlights, brake lights and turn signals to make sure they are in proper working order.
• Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition and replace if necessary; sudden summer downpours can spring up at any time.
• Check the levels of all engine fluids, especially coolant.
• Examine all of your vehicle’s belts and hoses, and replace any that show wear.
• Have your vehicle’s emissions tested and make sure they comply with federal standards.
• Check to see that tires are inflated to the correct pressure- pressure should be slightly higher during summer due to heat.
Making sure that your vehicles are ready for summer will help to avoid costly repairs and delays. Perform these checks on your fleet and keep your cool all summer long!