Recently, construction businesses in Branford, Connecticut have seen a rash of break-ins to their fleet vehicles, with valuable equipment being stolen.
This serves as a reminder that vehicle security is an important part of fleet operations, and should not be taken lightly. Here are some tips for keeping your vehicles safe when they are unattended:
- Always park in well-lit areas; if possible, park inside a secured garage.
- If possible, remove any valuables or equipment from vehicles before leaving.
- Make sure to lock all doors and roll up all windows.
- Don’t leave keys in the vehicle, no matter how well-hidden you think they are!
- Stow all electronic chargers, connectors and mounting brackets out of sight; they are a sure sign of valuable items inside the vehicle.
- If you don’t have one already, have an alarm system installed in each vehicle.